A long worked on update of the Bitlinq message handler is now running on the Eye On Orbit teleport server and now runs 5 interconnected terminals:
- A full Bitcoin node (btcoind v0.19.1.0)
- A Lightning Network node (c-lightning v0.9.0-1)
- Blockstream Satellite 2.0 S/W, connected with the 60 cm dish pointed at the Geostationary Telstar 11N satellite, receiving the latest blocks
- Blockstream Satellite 2.0 API data reader
- Bitlinq message handler v1.05 that is connected to the Bitlinq application on The Things Network (TTN). Whenever a registered device, such as my Lacuna Space IOT terminal, transmits a message to the M6P satellite, this message is relayed to the Blockstream Satellite API for global broadcasting
This is now running 365/24/7.
Next steps to undertake are:
- Getting more Lacuna Space IOT devices in the hands of Blockstream Satellite users
- Getting the in-message payment system to work with some of the latest features of Lightning S/W
- Create a protocol to enable users to give the Bitlinq message handler commands such as retrieving certain webpages and broadcasting these through Blockstream Satellite
- Final goal is still to have this all work on a Low-Earth Orbit (LEO) cubesat and have the first working Lightning Network node in Space!